The O'Keefe's have arrived! (Including Falcor)
To say our travel over here was an adventure all in itself would be an understatement. It was a loooooonnnng (but exciting) day...arriving at the airport early to check Falcor in, then to baggage counter...almost missing our 1st flight, ensuring Falcor was on....I was an emotional wreck. I told Michael if we make it through this, I want a glass of champagne (or a shot of whiskey). We had a long layover in Dulles and then boarded for the long haul, again, ensuring Falcor was on. Okeefe upgraded us to business class...y'all...I'm sold. The long beds, the sundae cart, the wine, it was fabulous. 7 hours later, we arrived in Heathrow. All of our bags made it and we went to get Falcor. 3 hours later, he was with us....and slightly freaking out.
So we are here. We LOVE the flat, it's perfect. Everything about it, the size, the location, the Pub across the street...we're going to like it here. It's pretty bare bones at the moment, 6 suitcases, 1 air mattress and 1 fabulous (insert sarcasm here) comforter that Okeefe purchased last trip. Boys will be boys.
Nonetheless, we are here and excited about this next adventure. I haven't gotten that champagne or shot of whiskey yet, but the Notting Hill Carnival is this weekend outside of our front door....so I'm sure it's coming. Now let's find some furniture...see y'all soon.
Nini and Michael,
ReplyDeleteI write this comment with tears in my eyes. I'm so excited for your adventure, but selfishly, wish you were still here to laugh and hang out together. I miss you. Please promise me you'll update this on the reg so I, along with everyone else, can follow along. I want to see all the fashions, too, so don't forget about a shoutout post for me on that topic : )
Much love,
Mollie
Love this blog post! Please keep it up--would love to follow along with you guys and am so excited for you both (and a little envious of your big adventure). Sending love!
ReplyDeleteI love blog! Please keep us updated on everything! So glad you are getting settled and everything went pretty smoothly with the move.
ReplyDeleteWe are headed home from east TN from my uncles funeral. Please keep my family in your prayers. He was only 51 and my grandmother, his wife, 2 kids and siblings are pretty devastated.
Love you sweet friend! Rebecca
Yay! Glad everyone made it safely. I can't wait to see you guys next month!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Falcor made it through and your frayed nerves held up! Of course, now that you live in a REALLY big city, you'll become incredibly good at not staring at people that are drawing attention to themselves. "Oh, there’s a drunk middle aged man with no hair basically in my lap? I was posting to my blog, I had no idea… Lalala…" Have fun on your big adventure!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are doing a blog - I look forward to living the "London life" vicariously through it! Can you post photos of your flat?
ReplyDelete